Per-Person Reflections for Project 3

by Mike Gleicher on December 12, 2011

These are due the same time that your Gold Master is (effectively, Wednesday, Dec 21st, 2:30pm).

Please send in your reflection by email. I strongly prefer that you put the text into the body of the email. Please note that you also get to do a course evaluation (see the other post).

In terms of your reflection, please discuss:

1. I am not very good at playing games, so I might miss some of the fancier aspects of your game (this is why I do a lot of watching at playtests and festivals). What might I not see if I only play your game a little bit?
  2. The final product. What’s good about it? What’s not?
  3. If you had another week, how might the results be different.
  4. The process. How was the experience of creating the game? What went right along the way? What went wrong along the way? (I saw the various steps along the way, so you don’t need to recount the details of the process, unless you want to).
  5. The team. Please comment on each person’s (including yourself) role and their performance in it. Here’s your chance to praise or curse your teammates. How well did your group coordinate? How well did your group make use of the (potentially diverse) set of talents it had? (note: I am well aware that there is a range of backgrounds in this class). What do you think the other people learned from the experience?
  6. What would you do the same or different, if you had to do it all over again.
  7. Yourself. The cliché is to ask about what you learned from the experience. This is good self-reflection practice, but may already be described above. So feel free to comment on your own performance in this project, or ignore this question.

It was clear at the playtests that a lot of people put a lot of efforts into these projects. I am curious about the sense of accomplishment that people get from this. Was this project worth the effort? But I really have no way to ask that as a self-reflection question. So comment on it if you like.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: