The Week in 777: Week 12 April 15-19

by Mike Gleicher on April 13, 2013

Now Project 2 is really underway. But that doesn’t mean that class content ends. Although, we’ll slow it down a little bit so you can stay focused on Projects.

We’ll stop having Friday lectures. On Friday 5/10, we’ll do project demos. But no Friday lecture on 4/19, 4/25, or 5/3. We may have project meetings.

For readings this week, I am not giving you any. However: you need to do some of your project readings. For both Monday and Wednesday you need to read a paper related to your project. (remember, reading and summarizing papers is part of your project). Read a paper for class each day. Don’t be surprised if I ask you in class what paper you read.

For lectures this week…

• Monday, April 15th – I’ll talk about more physics stuff (including constraints and reduced coordinates). And maybe Kalmann filters if we have time. Remember, that your project 1 plan is due. Also, be sure to read a paper for your project before class.
  • Wednesday, April 17th – I’ll talk about some topic that you don’t need to do a reading for. Maybe filmmaking. And don’t forget to read a project related paper.
  • Friday, April 19th – No class. For the project “checkpoint” I want everyone to send me an email saying what they’ve done for their project.

I will be available during office hours (11am Tuesday), or on Thursday and Friday (by appointment – send me email) if you want to talk about projects.

Previous post:

Next post: