Piazza (again)…

by Mike Gleicher on February 17, 2017

While I said that Piazza is optional, I realize that having only a part of class sign up an imbalance – some people have access to more information, and find out about stuff sooner.

So while posting on Piazza will remain optional, I would like everyone to at least be registered on it, so that you can be aware of what’s going on there.

I think in the next few weeks, as everyone starts working on the first Design Challenge, people will want to discuss things like what tools to use, and to ask for help with tools. Since we (the course staff) aren’t necessarily experts at things like Tableau, having a “user community” may help us figure it out more easily.

As I like to say… There are 51 of you, and one of it. You should win – if you play as a team. Collaborating to learn about the tools is encouraged (but we want people to do assignments individually).

So, next time you log into Canvas, at least click the button and set up your Piazza account. As an inducement, over the next week, I will make some postings suggesting some resources that might be helpful for the first Design Challenge.

Previous post:

Next post: